Monday, May 7, 2007

Blueberry Jam Steamed Buns




Oh me oh my.. my bomb-sized steamed buns! =)

I got the recipe from Mamafami, while they were nice, round and honestly, I thought my paper cutting as the base were too large, but once they get into the steamer, they rose so much that my first batch almost burst out and as if the steamer basket were not big enough!! Well let alone the paper, they almost couldn't be seen anymore =D !

These are what homemade baking are all about, I've always only eaten pau bought from stalls or bakery shops back in Msia but today, was definitely an eye-opener =)



There were red kidney beans leftovers from making chilli corn carne the other day and I was running out of ideas what to make, I've not gathered enough confidence yet for a second attempt to Zack's red beans filled donuts so darling fiance suggested "steamed buns"! Searched for a simple recipe and found it! So I gathered all the ingredients and started combining and kneading and filling, only to find halfway through, my filling was not enough oops!! There are some dried red beans so I quickly boil them accordingly and in the midst of everything, the beans were still hard and couldn't be prepared! Annoyed, I searched the fridge in the hope of finding some "kaya" (hell, there's no kaya available in Aust but crossed my fingers anyway) and what do you know? I found some blueberry jam which has not been so famous lately.

And here they are.. blueberry jam filled pau!



Yummy eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment