Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Red Beans filled Donuts/Buns


Phew!

At last, the second attempt at making these sweet filling donuts turned to success!
Following Zack's advise, these sweet "pau goreng" as my fiance and my friends here calls them are very very filling. I barely could finish my dinner after having few of these late afternoon =)

So here's how mine turned out to be =D



From the success of last night's red beans filling (the one fiance altered) we ended up having extra red beans mash so I gathered my confidence to try again on Zack's recipe and wallah!! As mom always say, never give up =D I up-ed the liquid amount little by little to almost 200mls, and man, was I so worried the dough would end up in the bin. But as advised, I continued kneading (though the dough started to stick everywhere on our kitchen counter) and kneading and in the end, I got myself an almost soft dough. It wasn't as soft as other bread doughs I tried making before but enough to shape them and fill them well =) So as usual, the filling was not enough so I filled the remaining 4 balls with sugar, and the other remaining 3 dough with honey (fiance loves the honey they produce here) Well the honey filled actually leaked out after the second proofing =p As for the rest of the balls, here they are..



filled with red beans!! Yum! Thanks Zack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment